10 superfoods to improve your mood
Superfoods are nutrient-dense whole foods, offering everything from vitamins and minerals to antioxidants and cancer-fighting properties. Here's what you need to know about the 10 best superfoods to incorporate for a healthy mind and body.
• A very nutritious snack when eaten without salt
• Helps suppress appetite.
• Low in saturated fat
• High content of magnesium and iron.
• Each serving of avocado contains 20 minerals and vitamins.
• High content of good fats that can be easily metabolized
• Good source of folic acid for tissue development.
• Provide a healthy dose of vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K
• A protein boost mid-morning or mid-afternoon will prevent too low a blood sugar level.
• A handful can avoid overeating later in the day. But don't overdo it!
• Rich in antioxidants such as flavonoids, which can help prevent cancer.
• Keep a small amount. Half a bar contains about 200 calories, 20 grams of fat and 10 grams of sugar.
• Raw or steamed broccoli can do many things to improve the functions of your digestive and respiratory systems!
• High in vitamin D
• Three servings of broccoli a week (½ cup each) will support bone strength and good health.
• Any healthy diet requires protein, as well as fiber, fat and complex carbohydrates. Lean meat is a great way to get protein.
• Chicken, turkey, and lean meat contain all the amino acids you need to build and maintain muscle.
• Eat lean meat with one or two meals a day.
• A fruit rich in antioxidants.
• Like all berries, they give your body the fiber it needs to function like a well-oiled machine.
• Loaded with vitamins to improve memory and immunity.
• Top your oatmeal or yogurt with a handful of fresh blueberries, or mix them in a smoothie.
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
• Loaded with nutrients and 60 calories per teaspoon
• Although it is all fat (7 grams per teaspoon), it is the type that is good for you. Use olive oil as a salad dressing or cooking oil and you will begin to dramatically improve your heart health.
• Kale is a trendy superfood these days, but for many good reasons! For example, it can help lower cholesterol.
• Its many nutrients reduce the risk of various types of cancer, including breast, bladder, prostate, ovarian and colon cancers.
• Allows you to sweeten your food and drinks naturally.
• A safe alternative to high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners.
• Most honey is natural sugar, water, and sucrose. The rest? Nutrients that include vitamins (B6, zinc, amino acids, and calcium), protein, pollen, and minerals.
The bottom line . . .
Why not trade processed chips, crackers, and candy for green leafy vegetables for crisp, fresh berries, and sugar substitutes like honey? Superfoods can make you feel super, energetic, and even happier, while allowing you to be strong, fit, and healthy to increase your chances of long-term success.
This site is not a part of the Facebook website or Facebook Inc.
This site is NOT endorsed by Facebook in any way.
FACEBOOK is a trademark of FACEBOOK, Inc.