Updated: Aug 2
I need only 5 seconds from you to give you the highlights related to this subject.
There will be some challenges on your way if you are really serious about following your fat-loss diet plan. Mostly at some points or another, your biggest challenge will pop up when you decide to take your dinner at a certain restaurant.
My greatest suggestion for you is to ensure you reach your target by following your diet plan while cooking your own food at home to gain maximum control over your food intake. Keep checking your calorie intake is acting smart.
You don’t want to fail in your diet journey; that happens to many people by not having the ability to manage their time. So what? - Most of them dine outside and doing so they have no control over how many calories they consume which usually exceeds the number of calories they should daily take in their nutritional target.
As an advisor to help you reach your target in your diet fat-loss plan; I am not here to prevent you from dining at a restaurant at all. But I am here to guide you to the right track and help you make the smartest decision ever so that eating outside does not set back your overall fat-loss results. So this list below is a must for any dieter to know when it comes to choosing nutritious, low-calorie foods from any menu.
Know this list to always act smart in your decision.
• Stay away from all kinds of food cooked in a heavy dose of oil. Such as fried potatoes, fried onions, chicken-fried steak, and so forth. Avoid fried food as much as you can.
• Cream sauces should be one of your worst enemies, stay away. The reason why it's because cream sauce or butter is always dense in and calories.
• Be careful of appetizers. Appetizers are often full of calories, they load more than a single entrée!
• Make a choice of grilled chicken when the meat is doubtful. Chicken contains protein and its fat decreased to minimal when it's grilled.
• Avoid anything related to bread because bread contains both carbs and fat it’s one double whammy to close your eyes on.
• You don’t want to be this guy who likes to indulge in the breadbasket. Having this habit can add hundreds of calories to your meal, especially when it covered by olive oil or butter.
• Steamed vegetables could be one of the best side dishes for you, but ensure that you don't request it with butter to not consume an excessive amount of calories.
• To keep your calorie content down go for broth-based soups it’s much better than creamy varieties.
• If you desire to have some dressing, order it aside so that you can ensure you don't use a large amount. Eat a very few of it.
• Take off anything that can increase the calorie content of your salad. Do you want to order some salad? Great- but Croutons, cheese, noodles, and candied nuts must not part of your salad.
• When you want to request for stir fry dishes, ask for light sauce because most chefs have the tendency to add too much sauce which will certainly increase the calorie of the dish.
• Dessert is something you must avoid at all times. Not to exaggerate in my speech most restaurant desserts contain at least 800 calories. If you find yourself on a special occasion where you should have some dessert don’t be shy or playing isolation. Just take a piece and split it into 3 or 4 people like this you will have the control or the portion you are eating.
• Make use of some water to avoid consuming extra calories in your beverage of choice.
• Are you a steak fan? Chose lean cuts of steak. It a good choice when it’s cut.
• Stay away from large sizes of meat: like 3 or 4 ounces of meat.
How should I summarize this list of tips for you?
For many dieters, the goal is to take at least 1500 calories a day. But eating outside could drive you to take over than that in just one single meal if you make a bad choice. For that reason keep these quick tips in your mind when looking at the menu to order your food. Never take your choice light when eating out as a dieter; be confident and comfortable in your choices.
Here is my recommendation for you.